FASHION & LIFE STYLE

7/14/2013

Recipe for a happy heart


This last week has been so amazing but, it was probably the busiest of the last year next to my move to Portland. Lately I'm feeling so blessed with tons of opportunity arising, enough work to keep me on my toes. Life is a little slice of perfection lately, well almost... and that said I think it's important to be grateful for where I'm at because its a really good spot. There will always-always be daily challenges and desires unfilled, it's just life. The majority of my plate is filled with a lot of really good things happening... and to top it off I just fell in love with Portland a little bit more! So some of you may know in November I moved to Portland from Tacoma, Wa. I was so nervous at first because I didn't know anything about this city but, holy moly it's incredible. Every once in a while I have these moments where I discover a new part of town, a shop, a park and all I can think is "Ah! I love Portland...". Haha, I feel like I'm cheating on my Tacoma. 

There really should be a list of non touristy things to do in each town because this is such a beautiful area of Portland! I was surprised I've never heard of it but, then again I'm still new...

My good friend Esther told me to check out Sauvie Island because she had such a good time thre last time she was in town. Sauvie Island is so, cute. I grew up on an island up by Seattle called Bainbridge Island, and parts of it really reminded me of it or what it might have been before it became popular? So I was smiling ear to ear... Yesterday a ton of STP (Seattle to Portland) riders were coming in off their route and the boys loved pointing at each one saying "Bike... bike... bike... bike...bike..." me, "Yes boys, yes they are all bikes..." :) Then, once you enter the island you'll come to a beautiful market with typical Portland food/wine/beer carts, berry picking, bails of hay, flowers. I just loved how they in cooperated Portland food carts which is what I think made it so fun for me because I'm used to old school berry farms; plain and simple.

We drove out to Sauvie Island to enjoy the clean water, tall grass and sandy beaches; and it was just that. This is probably one of my favorite beaches that I've found so far close to Portland.






Lately I've been non stop on my new mountain bike discovering trails inward to the city. This last trip out to Forest park I fell and got a little scrape on my face. Since, Ethans been obsessed with my "Boo-boo". Every time he notices it during the day he looks at me with a soft face, points to my owy, rubs it softly, holds my head and kisses it then says "ow! mama, boo-boo". I'm up to a dozen kisses a day from my little guy. 

I don't mind ;)

You'll also see I recently finished a two toned dresser. The last one I sold was a real hit, and couldn't believe the response of people who wanted me to take down their contact for future two toned dressers. They will be sold as fast as I find them but, as for now I hope the furniture gods send me abundant of cheap midcentury dressers my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment