FASHION & LIFE STYLE

7/07/2013

4th of July //Portland Blues Festival


Ha! - Just reviewing these photos is making me tired! We had a really long weekend in all the best ways. Filled with tons and tons of music, fair food, a local rodeo, friends, fireworks and of course we'll start with the 4th of July parade. The boys had the best time hoarding all the candy that were thrown into the street. It was so cute watching their excitement to run and get a piece! 




We stayed in, and ate dinner with my parents for 4th of July evening. I picked up some fireworks that I thought might be appropriate for their age. They got a rise out of them but, weren't as excited as I thought they'd be! Next year?




And then the blues festival! Ah, how amazing it was... How lucky is Portland to have such a cool event! This event is put on to raise money for Oregon Food Bank, a suggested $10 donation and two cans of food to get in. By last night they had almost raised a million dollars! With 4 stages and over a hundred artist this festival next to the Fillmore Jazz festival in San Fransico is my absolute favorite ...(so far). I finished off my third day with my ultimate, John Hiatt. Last night was just such a high for me. I couldn't stop smiling and was kiddy as could be. I began the show front and center which was probably the best ever, being so close to the music, and later ended the evening back with my friends.



Blind Boy Paxton after his set





John Hiatt, yeah!








 



Phew! So this week were going to take it really easy... because we have another adventure ahead for next weekend. 

California!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment