FASHION & LIFE STYLE

7/08/2013

Phil Smith: Be Gorgeous Total Treat Argan Oil Review

Phil Smith BE GORGEOUS Total Treat Range: c/o Phil Smith
Since running out of my holy grail Moroccan oil and not having the funds to repurchase due to the house move I’ve been on the hunt for a replacement, affordable treatment.  You lovely chaps ask about my hair and how I look after it all the time – so I’m thinking of doing an updated hair care video on YouTube but if you’d like to see a post on here rather than a video, let me know?

I’ve really tried to start looking after my hair recently, as it’s getting longer the ends need more love and attention and I find the only way to give it the treatment it needs is with oil based products.

I’ve been trialling the Total Treat range from Phil Smithand wanted to share my thoughts with you lovelies. I’ve been using the argan oil cream every time I wash may hair for the past 3 weeks; you only need a pea sized amount worked through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair so a little goes a long way (especially when you have a mane like mine!). It’s meant to help restore damaged hair by locking in moisture and so far I’m really impressed - the smell is absolutely gorgeous, quite musky and sexy with a hint of fruitiness. My hair definitely feels smoother and looks shinier – the damaged ends are fading away and to be honest these results were showing after only a couple of uses.

The argan oil is very similar in terms of it’s purpose – it’s there to repair damage and ultimately protect your hair so I wouldn't say you necessarily need to have both. The consistency of this is much runnier whereas the cream is a quite a bit thicker. It’s a clear oil which is great if you’re blonde and due to it being runnier the pump application is a real winner as you can control the amount of product you use (trust me, you do not need a lot!). Out of the two this has to be my favourite, it’s so nourishing and you can really feel a film of goodness forming over your hair - and I've only been using it once or twice a week. It’s definitely up there in terms of competing with Moroccan oil and with both products retailing at around £10 that’s one hell of a saving! 

On another note how bloomin' lovely is this weather. It certainly makes everyone a bit cheerier and that's not something to sniff at :) I think my next house purchase will be a swimming pool ;)
As I mentioned before, I've been looking in to more things for Daniel and I to do this summer (no summer holiday for me with the house!) and being a huge fan of Musical Theatre I've always wondered if I'd enjoy the Opera, in particular Madam Butterfly...have any of you been to the Opera before? I'm not sure whether it would be my cup of tea but I'm very intrigued so would love to know what you think?

Do let me know if you've tried any of the Phil Smith range, and if you're a fan? 
And if you want to get your hands on anything you can pick up his products in your local Sainsbury's or on his website direct!

No comments:

Post a Comment