FASHION & LIFE STYLE

6/25/2013

Shake Away the Blues





Blouse: Dahlia. Hat: Topshop. Skirt: c/o Skinnie Belle. Sandals: c/o EMU AustraliaS
I’ve been feeling a bit ‘meh’ over the last couple of days. A little bad news combined with feeling stressed about the move has equalled a bit of a grumpy moo (I’m not calling myself a cow, it’s my nickname haha) surveyors negligence has left us a little in the lerch, failing to highlight obvious issue within the property - how rubbish . It may seem artificial and perhaps it is a little, but when I’m feeling like poop it always helps me to dress in brighter colours - it  just makes me feel happier.

So that’s what I did :) This cropped blouse from Dahlia (picked up in the sha-mazing sale) is just too pretty and the print is so lovely. It sits quite high so I don’t think I’d dare wear it without a high-waisted number but the fit is fabulous. Skinnie Belle kindly sent me over this beautyof a skirt, firstly let’s appreciate the colour, it’s orange and amazing. The fabric is unbelievably soft and I know that I’m going to get a lot of wear out of it regardless of the time of year - it will go perfectly with black woolly tights and chunky boots in winter.
Shock horror my legs are out, haha. But it’s for good reason, not only has it been uber muggy meaning wearing any clothes is rather annoying, but these sandals are heavenly. EMU Australia sell the most unbelievable shoes – luxury footwear at it’s finest. I think investing in a sturdy pair of sandals is really important for summer time / holiday’s – there is nothing I hate more than blistered feet due to flip flops and these feel like little suede feathers surrounding my tootsies!

I’m hoping that this isn’t our English Summer though...I’d quite enjoy a few more roastie tostie weeks for my birthday! (which is next Wednesday by the way...god I’m old).

So - what’s your outfit of choice when you’re feeling blue? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment