FASHION & LIFE STYLE

6/17/2013

If I was a Festival Girl...





Dress: c/o Mee Mee. Belt: Vintage. Bag: c/o Freestyle Xtreme. Hat: Topshop. Boots: c/o Daniel Footwear.
If I was a festival go-er I think this is would be exactly what I would wear. Unfortunately I'm not, but we can pretend right?

Festivals are like my idea of hell - I don’t deal too well with large crowds, I hate not being able to shower every day and I really really don’t think I could stomach the portable loos that go hand in hand with festival season! I know that I’m massively missing out on a fantastic atmosphere and experience though, so perhaps I’ll try attending for one of the few days next year.
Anyway this dress is bloody lovely isn’t it? The open back takes it from being a standard maxi-dress to something far more interesting and pretty. I usually hate not wearing a bra with clothes (as there is pretty much nothing going on in the booby department) but I think wearing anything underneath this dress would really take away from the design. I think the bagmatches the dress perfectly and is the newest addition to my ever growing collection (when you move house you realise how much you really have, eek). I am not a fan of small bags, I much prefer being able to store my life in one place and carry it around. I also love yellow and this mustard colour means it’s not too garish and over the top – plus it’s got scalloped edging which is always a good thing.

So as I wasn’t going to a festival, I wore this for Father’s Day. It was so strange going back to my Mum and Dad’s and just ‘popping by’ to celebrate rather than it being home – but it was lovely to see them and spend some time together before going out for dinner with Daniel’s family.

We’re starting to get settled in the house now and it’s gone from being majorly manic to calm and homely, which is amazing! I’ve already started taking some snaps to show you guys but it might be a few weeks yet before I share any...I quite want everything to be in it’s ‘place’ before you guys see it :)
I was also far too excited to take these snaps in our garden, it's the simple things eh?

Are you going to any festivals this year or are you like me and just fancy playing dress-up instead? 

No comments:

Post a Comment