FASHION & LIFE STYLE

6/20/2013

Juju Hat Tutorial




This week I made soft mini juju hats made out of the yarn and followed the similar steps to the blog flutter//flutter. This DIY turned out to be so cute and love how soft it makes the whole room.

I used two items in my house as my size template


Sliced a slit on the side (admire the orange crayon art work my son created on the edges ;)


To overlap the ends and duct tape creating a bowl (at this point I was definitely a little weary this project was a flop)


I actually used the hardware on my kitchen drawers to circle the yarn around


Cut when its nice and thick


Tie in the middle


Then make three more


I pulled the middled through the whole in the center of the card board


again with the second one


and third


now after spreading them out evenly it looked like a mop head!


I trimmed with scissors one inch beyond the rim of the cardboard



with the final piece i roughly measured with my fingers and cut the piece shorter then the rest to create a second layer, which adds depth. I pushed the final piece through the center.


I gently pulled all the sides back and carefully hot glued the yard to the inner rim of the cardboard. The back side of this project isn't so pretty.



The front is adorable on the wall. I took an extra piece of string, attached it to two equal sides of the back of the hat to create my attachment piece to hang on the wall.


 I used a smaller template but, you could probably make this as big as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment