FASHION & LIFE STYLE

6/06/2013

BEHR Premium Plus Ultra review - Before // After


I'm surprised I haven't tried this paint on furniture yet. This little quart was about $15, sold at home depot, and over all I'm really happy with it. As you can see below, my project was fairly tedious and I'd be lying if I didn't say it seriously kicked my butt. Yes, I knew that it was going to be tough going into it maybe thats why I've procrastinated so long, and why theres only one done. We bought these beds last year, and I'm just now painting them. 

Ah spindles... how I hate you.

  • Even though its a primer/paint I'd put 3 coats on, just like I'd recommend with the vast majority of paints. On the up side, I did completely skip the primer!
  • I would not-not-not thin this or dilute this paint in anyway. Some people do to reduce brush marks. On the third coat the brush marks were gone and if I had thinned it in any way it would have been much to watered down to control
  • It dried pretty fast - and the cure time is fast too. That I am most happy about since it's in my sons bedroom. An hour after painting I slid the mattress back on and went to my moms for dinner for a few hours to let it cure.











Do you like the bed after?

I think the room looks over all "cleaner" with this stark white bed. Check back in later this weekend, I have monogrammed pillow cases coming!! They'll look adorable...

...On to the second bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment