FASHION & LIFE STYLE

5/03/2013

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in Place Makeup

Anyone of you who watch my YouTube videos will know that my Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions foundation is a firm favourite. It’s been the only foundation I’ve used for the past 2 or so years and it’s served me well – how I love you my trusty companion. However I recently decided that I wanted to branch out, and try to experiment with a few more foundations now my skin has (sort of) decided to calm down.

Estée Lauder’s Double Wear has been raved about for a long time now and I don’t know why but I’ve just never thought to try it. It was only when I started to ask for recommendations from friends and bloggers that I realised perhaps I was missing out. I trotted down to my local counter a couple of weeks ago to get colour matched (is it just me or is this one of the most exciting things ever?) and the lady was so helpful and picked the absolute perfect shade for my skin – Ecru.


Through the grapevine I’ve heard Double Wear is renowned for being thick and tricky to apply – I have to disagree, I had zero issues with it and it applied like a dream. I’m quite sure that it’s all down to what you’re using to put it on and what products you’re using before doing so. I’ve been using my trusty witch anti-blemish primer – which is bloody good I tell thee, and applying the foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush. Because this is a thicker foundation I am having to wash my brush a little more regularly than with others but this brush was 100% made for that foundation, it’s a match made in heaven.

This is the matte of all matte foundations and it does set quite quickly, so if you’ve got dry skin you might find this foundation a little too drying. The coverage is INSANE, honestly you can’t really believe it until you’ve tried it – I expected it to feel really cakey and heavy but it doesn’t at all, it’s simply just lovely. My scarring from spots is something that really knocks my confidence and this covers them like no other – winner.

Now, when people go on about staying power I rarely believe any foundation will last all day. Even my Clinique that I swear by requires a good topping up by the end of the day. But on the first day I wore this I couldn’t quite believe how in-place my face was (that sounds so wrong) at the end of the day. No slipping, sliding, caking, congealing – nada it is honestly the best foundation I’ve ever used. It’s probably not something I’ll wear throughout hotter months (if they arrive) as the coverage is so full, but it’s become my staple daily foundation for the moment.

With a price tag of £27.50 it’s not the cheapest, but in comparison to my Clinique at £21 I am completely happy to pay an extra few pounds for this beauty. The gorgeous packaging alone is enough for my magpie tendencies.

Is Double Wear a foundation you’ve tried yet? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment