FASHION & LIFE STYLE

4/08/2013

Illamasqua the I'mperfection Collection

Illamasqua is a brand that I first discovered a few years ago - It’s best known for being the centre of attention in stage makeup but has more recently slotted itself, rather perfectly may I add into the top-end, high street stores. It’s bold, vibrant, fun and the quality in every product speaks volumes.

When the ever beautiful Rose contacted me and popped a few items from their new collection in the post I was stupidly excited and the I’mperfection Collection for Spring is the latest to hit the makeup shelves (firstly how amazing is the name I'm Perfection and Imperfection rolled into one? Genius). This has to be my absolute favourite collection ever – rather than concealing the parts of us we’re embarrassed of with heaps of makeup it’s all about celebrating and highlighting your imperfections; embracing them and the rest of the world.

First up is the nail polishes - the two shades below are called 'Speckle' and 'Freckle'. Speckle is a pale violet and Freckle is a light, neutral tan. 



This is unlike any nail varnish I've tried before - there are tiny little specks of black and silver running throughout and the matte velvety finish turns your nails into little duck eggs. It's such an amazing idea, and so perfect for Spring.

Now for the lippy - Immodest is the brightest Pink I own and I must say I was a little dubious to try it out at first, but needless to say I'm in love.

It's a long lasting matte finish and contains all the right vitamins to stop your lips from drying out. I've gone for a full coverage lip, but this could definitely be dressed down with a lighter application and a hint of lipgloss. With Illamasqua you pay for what you get and the staying power on this bad boy is second to none.

For me there’s nothing more exciting than a campaign that makes you think outside the box, and potentially change the way you look at not only your makeup, but your life. Makeup aside, that’s something we should all take inspiration from.

If you want to have a look at the rest of the collection you can do so here - I know I'm swooning over the Lover & Hussy blush!
What do you think of Illamasqua? Have you dipped your toes in the luxurious waters? Remember - you don't have to be too daring with your makeup choices to enjoy their collections, there really is something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment