FASHION & LIFE STYLE

4/04/2013

Happy 1st Birthday to Wonderful You!

image c/o weheartit
Today, is my little blog’s first birthday. I love a good cliché and it’s never been so true that the time has literally flown by – I can’t quite believe that a whole year has gone by and how much I’ve grown to love my blog and the blogging community as a whole. To think that on April 4th2012 I had one follower (myself HAHA) and now I’m sat here writing to over a thousand people makes me feel all funny inside.

Blogging is simply a hobby for me but to think of all the things I’ve done with it and all the little doors it’s opened up for me is crazy. I mean I’ve made some wonderful friends, it’s helped to grow my confidence in myself – before blogging I was turning into a bit of a wallflower and there’s nothing at all wrong with that but I feel like it’s given me the boost I needed – to believe in myself and know that if I want something enough I can achieve it; of course I’m sure it’s had that effect on many of you too.

All I really wanted to say was a big thank you – thank you for being so wonderful and for continuing to read my weekly ramblings. And also to say, if you are a blogger don’t be too hard on yourself. I think that within blogging we can get a little bit lost sometimes – we spend time worrying whether we should be writing about a particular subject and if we stray from that subject it means we’re a bad blogger, I couldn’t disagree more. I love fashion, I love beauty, I love writing about things I find interesting outside of those categories and Wonderful You is a place for me to share all of those ideas that pop into my head. Don’t get me wrong I think consistency is always a positive thing and if you want to write a post every day of the week and that works for you then that’s fantastic but if like me, blogging is something you take the time out to do and you don’t have a few spare hours a day to dedicate that time then that’s absolutely fine too. You should embrace the fact that it’s your space, your content and no-one else’s. Some of my favourite bloggers post every other week and some of them post everyday and I love them all the same - it doesn’t matter as long as what you’re doing makes youhappy, because let’s face it positivity shines through in every way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOGGY! Here’s to another year of fun times and ramblings, thank you for being the best readers anyone could ask for you mean more to me than you know and so does this blog!

p.s. On Easter Sunday I was invited down to BBC Radio Northampton to have a cheeky interview with the wonderful Helen Blably and Gok of the North Jules! You can have a listen here if you’d like (skip to 2 hours 35 minutes and that’s when my slot starts!) hope you enjoy it, I was super nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment