FASHION & LIFE STYLE

4/28/2013

Butte, Montana



This last weekend my parents and I flew to Butte Montana to spend time with family; and boy did we! I had such memorable time chatting up my cousins, learning more about our family and passing around those old family photos. The day after we explored town we were able to visit my grandmothers grave, on the way is an old metal shed looking over a lake where my family once owned land after they immigrated from Ireland.  Each member of my family has signed their name for decades and it was pretty great to write my own name near dozens of my other family members. I love how this town really represents the Irish history, it's a bit romantic making it present almost every where you seem to go.
We ended our trip with a farewell breakfast, and then stopped at a sapphire mine where I held this heavy duty meteor that was sitting next to fossilized turtles, dinosaur jaws, and precious gems! I joked with this old man if I could take it home then declined after he told me some guy from California once offered $9000 to buy it.












I haven't been to Butte since I was a little girl but, definitely will be bringing my own sons back next time for a visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment