FASHION & LIFE STYLE

8/14/2013

Vintage vs. You







Hat: Topshop. Blouse: Urban Outfitters. Necklace: Kirsteen Stewart. Belt: Vintage. Skirt: Cow. Bag: Cow. Brogues: ASOS
There is nothing I enjoy more with fashion than dressing new with old, loved with pristine. It certainly helps to add dimension to the way you dress and there’s a sweet satisfaction with wearing vintage - knowing you’re the only person in the world who owns that piece of clothing. Another thing I always seem to find is that clothes just fit so much better; it’s like the more we’ve evolved with fashion the worse we seem to manufacture and good quality fabric, sewing and structure are so important for pieces you are going to love and cherish for years to come. Let’s face it, you couldn’t exactly hand down a Primark dress to your granddaughter, so my question is, when it can cost the same to shop vintage as it can high street why aren’t we doing it more?!


Teaming my new brogues and last winter’s Urban Outfitters blouse with a vintage belt, bag and skirt I feel like a new-age 80’s chick. Cow, is a vintage shop I first discovered when I lived in Nottingham, their stores are gorgeous and their collection certainly doesn't disappoint. They seem to have every item of clothing you could ever dream of and at the most affordable prices. This bag is in excellent condition and the skirt is the comfiest, softest little number I’ve owned in years - and don't get me started on the print, I'm just too in love.

Do you shop vintage? And if so...do you too enjoy mixing it up with high street picks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment