FASHION & LIFE STYLE

8/05/2013

Style Challenge with ASOS & Urban Outfitters | How to Style a Denim Jacket - 5 Ways!






Denim Jacket: c/o Urban Outfitters & ASOS. Bag: Urban Outfitters. Top: Mums undies! Disco Pants: American Apparel. Boots: TK Maxx
I had an email come through a few weeks ago from one of the lovely ladies at ASOS Fashion Finder HQ asking if I’d like to participate in their ‘Ones to Watch’ feature. After picking my jaw up from the floor and doing a celebratory dance around my room I of course replied and said ‘yes please!’

The feature was to style a piece from Urban Outfitters vintage collection in 5 different ways. I chose this beast of a denim jacketand the task was actually much harder than I had first anticipated, but I gave it my best and you can see the results here.

I thought I would share my favourite of the 5 styles in a full outfit post – y’know give that jacket the recognition it deserves. When I picked the jacket off the website I wasn’t aware that the sizes came up big and went for a small. When it arrived and would quite clearly fit a grown 6ft man I panicked – but when I slipped it on I absolutely fell in love. I think it goes to show that you never know with fashion and that’s why it’s so fun to take risks, because sometimes they can pay off (well, I hope it has anyway!)

I hadn’t pulled my disco pants out for a while so teemed with my mum’s old underwear (who would wear this top as undies can I just ask?), my velvet ankle boots and Aztec backpack I’m quite enjoying the grungy, biker girl feel.

I’d really love to know what you think of the 5 different looks and which one is your favourite :)

Do you own a denim jacket? How do you style yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment