FASHION & LIFE STYLE

8/23/2013

A recipe for a happy heart

Guys, I've been the lamest blogger lately, apologies! In a lot of great ways life has been so busy lately that I havent taken the time to write any quality posts. With the summer dwindling away I've been active as can be and working a-ton. I have some new DIYs I need to share like this chair I reupholstered in Caitlin Wilson chinoiserie fabric. (My boss rocks!) Then My mama schedule has been super busy and finally I jumped in to the new sport I was too chicken to do last year. I've been taking cyclocross clinics every week offered by amazing coaches at upper echelon fitness here in Portland. If you know what cyclocross is, I know you probably think I am completely nuts and, I really hope I don't think the same when races start. I've been working my tail off for the past few months and it's really paying off! Not only have I lost a ton more weight recently but my cardio endurance has really shot through the roof. 

I did a hike today with a group of 6, that was on my summer bucket list which was from Ape caves to the Plains of Abraham; on Mt. Helen's. About 16 miles round trip and I couldn't believe how easy it was! I originally wanted to do this hike on foot to get a good idea of what it was like to mountain bike because I heard it was difficult but after seeing the terrain and gain I'm positive I can do it. This place is one of the most iconic north west hikes and I was seriously on cloud nine all day! Tomorrow I'll share photos from our trip, stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment