FASHION & LIFE STYLE

2/07/2012

Thrifting 101 and Custom Design Work.


Lately, I've been doing some custom design work. You find the piece and send it my way, I paint it, wallpaper it, up date the hardware, you name it. All you have to do it send me a picture and I'll return your email with a bid! - Easy Peasy.

What is not so easy is finding that special piece you want. Recently I've gotten a ton of emails on how to thrift, which I'll have to go into in a later post but, where to thrift. On craigslist there are a couple people who also love vintage furniture. They have amazing prices and sell it out of their homes. 

One being Jess who has a huge collection of classics at great prices! 

Enter "decorista" into the furniture section on Seattle/Tacoma Craigslist. 


She's got it all and even more the is not photographed! So Jess is a great contact to watch. Pick up one of her pieces and you can send it my way to paint.



You'd be surprised at how many people don't know this. 

UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER, of the screen on craigslist is a "SHOW IMAGES" and "HIDE IMAGES" button. You get to see everything with out clicking the button.

I'm always curious how many people didn't know this... Raise your hand~ 

I didn't for years, actually until a few months ago...Duh!

The majority of my finds are from CL. 20% or so is from thrifting. Although, I do find a lot thrifting and go often my entire selection is basically on CL. Dragging the boys for nothing to GW sometimes is a drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment