FASHION & LIFE STYLE

2/28/2012

Brasso Turtorial.


Since forever I've been painting hardware. A reader mentioned I have to try Brass-o.

Um, YES-O!

I'm hooked.

It's like $2.00 at home depot! I used it on my dingy sad bar cart and now it shines with it's original chrome. Brasso removes 80%-90% of the crud left from years of wear. I'm so excited about this stuff and at the same time feel silly I'm *squealing* over something that's been around since my mom was a kid. 

Even more excited because I've been looking for ways to increase the quality of my furniture. 

1. Being I switched to a new paint line by Benjman Moore. Its the advance line for base boards and cabinets. You can scratch a nail on it and there wont be any sort of indentation. $50 a gallon but, worth the money!

2.-ly THIS! brass-o yes painting hardware looks great but, not as authentic as the real deal. This takes more effort but, people will be so much happier to have something that gleams with beauty. 

3. I plan on using more high end textiles and wall paper.

Let's begin this short tutorial with a simple self explanatory photo:


Most turtorials I've seen using brass-o they simply lather it on. When I did it I was like,

WHOAAaaaa.. Stinka-roonie!

Brass-o smells to high heaven, it gave me a instant head ache and moved my project out doors

Do not let your kids around this stuff

Problem soved when I simply put my hardware in a plastic bag, added a few drops (really, only a few)  and massaged it gently for a few minutes.


Brass-o cream will go from white -> to brownish -> to light blue

I let it sit for about 40 min 


Scrub that puppy clean with out water


After scrubbing it down (few!) scrub it again in water.



And, again with a multi purpose cleaner, what ever you have laying around

If you don't it will leave a dry film




Convinced yet?

I am... 

I used it for the first time yesterday.

Sold!


No comments:

Post a Comment