FASHION & LIFE STYLE

2/17/2012

Being thankful for what you have in stead of wanting what you don't.


I've thought about a post like this for a while... Now, I'm out at the ocean and able to take some sort of deep deep breathe from life. First, to start let me make it clear that I am so grateful that people, you, enjoy reading what I blog about. I began this blog posting about what I enjoy in life and still to this day to the most part still stay true to that. I was recently reading an article about "the in crowd" and the blogging world, that had some really interesting points. One being something I think about a lot. Blogs, particularly the ones I read tend to be filled to the brim with material items. Another point, was how we are losing the appricheation for the things we have now and left always wanting more. Most importantly how a lot of this is really un obtainable. Creating a "site/blog" with in an image that is desirable. Most of the time really inspiring but, really not "real".

TRUST me when I say I indulge and love partaking in decor, fashion, make-up blogs daily. Sometimes though... really, I just can't take it a second longer. The feeling of being flooded with products, "wants", and beautiful thing almost bogs me down and makes me feel too cluttered. But, at the same time I'm thankful it's also my some of my main visual inspiration and, a great place for resource.

I feel most inspired in life when it's balanced as it possibly can be. Filling my needs with what is "real" in life.

Which comes to my next thought. I absolutely, LOVE bloggers with remarks about life, struggles and failures. OMG, I love you. People email me often enough asking me how I do it with twins. Please! Let me start showing you how I'm not doing it. Let me be even more real from now on because the last thing I want people to think is that I have my stuff together. 

Any blog you can get blasted with dozens of perfected images, beautiful and amazing!! But, this blog... my blog. I hope you come here not, looking "for an escape from reality"(<-quote via the in crowd article) but, coming here looking for a place that feels more real. Something truly inspiring because, it's obtainable.

How do I do what I do. 
Because I'm inspired. Inspired by the single mom I see at the grocery store with the heavy dark circles with the strength of a thousand men. Or, the guy the other day who walked right into a store asking for a job. He was hired on the spot. My favorite is an acquaintance a widower with twins girls. I'm truly in love with life

 We-all-fail. 

I am a mom of twins. I feel like the middle school girl with the toilet paper hanging from the back side of her skirt, constantly. If you haven't realized already, I am the worlds worst speller. When I see a dull and tired dresser something fantastic and beautiful comes to mind, I create it. I have a hand full of completely spilled coffee stains on my carpet, my laundry pile is the size of mt. rainier, I need bottom, I burn almost all the food I make, on the weekends I don't can't get out of my pajamas until 10:30 because twins. are. HARD. and I work ALL week. If you see me around town, be gentle, having two babies (at once) makes you look like you partied all night with a fifth of tequila.

I blog at midnight because that's the only time I have to my self after I clean the house and get it ready for tomorrow. I live in a gorgeous house in a wonderful neighborhood by my self with my two ah-mazing babies (turning into boys) and great dane. I work, my. ass. off. with life a few jobs and a million amazing hobbies.

To: provide, to be a strong/fun/loving/open mother, a balanced woman, a consistent friend, honest, focused, real, to be everything and nothing so I don't burn out... heck I'm 26.... Most of all to remember to grow and throughly enjoy life for it's cloud 9 highs and major lows.

I design better when my heart, is filled with deep with lifes grace. I feel lost when I shop at the mall. When I go thrifting I get more inspired then being front row at a runway show. I need imperfection and diversity to feel energized with life. Which, btw is good because it's always around me. My sons, were... are the biggest most impactful, inspiring things in my life to date. They in a way I can't explain, have taught me so much about my self I so desperately needed to know to live life fully. Respecting and loving my self and life for what it is and what it can be.

 This post isn't about the things I don't have and the things I want. It is about who I am and the things I have already and fully appreciating them.




No comments:

Post a Comment