FASHION & LIFE STYLE

1/13/2012

This is not exciting.


I work, in the most un inspiring space. 

That should be the title of this post. 

It's my basement and in the summer's it's my garage. Someday I dream of actually having a work studio to paint in but, for now with twin babies, easy is key. Everything is made to be the easiest it can be possible. Everything is compartmentalized, organized and planned. Which is very much not the old Erin but, the new mom version of me. 

Actually I kind of like it.

Everything is but, my work space. So when you see these dark dungeonst photo's of my basement forgive me. Excitement of my new project has over come me to not care about your poor sensitive eyes (smile).


Ok your probably like what is this?... This! is a 9 drawer faux bamboo dresser and it's covered in white oil based paint (yes, I promise I'll paint something other then white here very soon).

The point, is the reflection. You can see in the reflection the tiered campaign book case (LOVE!)

It's so freaking cool. When dried the paint is hard as hell, and you can see you image in it perfectly.

It's-going to-be ridiculous

Ghastly I tell you.

Kevin was nice freaking ridiculously sweet (thank you?! thank you?! thank you!?) enough, by the time I came up from my basement last night from painting, the kitchen had been cleaned, the laundry done, the bed had been made, he ran me a bath and when i got in I saw a little lush ball on my bath caddy. 

Yesterday was freaking long. Today will be even longer but, waking up to a clean house. Is pure happiness when your a mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment