FASHION & LIFE STYLE

9/03/2013

Our long weekend



Being a single mom, I promised my self that I wouldn't let parenting solo take away precious experiences from my children because lets face it; it already does. I have this grand idea of what life would look like with a partner. Even though I don't have one right now, I don't let it stop me from doing all the things I could imagine and dream up with my kids, as if I did have one. Childhood is an incredible and magical time in everyones life and I want Liam & Ethan to feel like there's was as colorful, loved, stable, playful and safe as anyones could or should be.

I really love to do new things with my kids. Seeing there eyes light up and glow seriously could make me cry, happy tears of course! We did so many new things this labor day including a little swimming. Simple, I know but I have never taken my kids in a pool before! Kind of one of those unsafe iffy things being a single parent and deep water. Each boy took turns as the other one sat on the steps in the water and splashed around, waiting for his turn. I loved holding them in the pool omg there eyes were so bright and smiles as big as I've ever seen them! Ethan especially started to try and 'kick-kick-kick'. He looked like a little little baby in the water kicking his legs like a froggy. Liam just wanted me to jump up and down with him in my arms. Pure happiness.



We started our trip at Sauvie Island (again), picked flowers, drank lemonade and rocked out to a local guitarist. The next day we drove off to our destination, and took the longer scenic route to cascade locks, OR. Our first pitstop was this stunner of a lake Trillium. The reflection was so incredible it took my breathe away. We snacked and the boys rode bikes as I took 5 million bagillion photos, of EVERYTHING.







If you go through Mt. Hood you need to stop at Solera Brewery, in Parksdale. Promise me ok? Who ever you are reading this right now, whether you drink or not. The food is divine and that view is out of this world!! A completely un obstructed view of the mountain, wow.





So I camped with the boys, alone, for the first time....

ya. I know.

 Can I just tell you from all the horror stories my friends have told me I was not exactly looking forward to the idea but, more so had to try it. Of course at times a little bonkers but, I came prepared with hours of kid entertainment and made sure it was a KOA that had a play ground, showers, a fun pool and even breakfast! C'mon is that really camping? Besides the campsites being too close to each other I really enjoyed my time spent at the KOA and defiantly renting one of there super cute cabins next time!



Look
at
that
face

ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment