FASHION & LIFE STYLE

9/09/2013

Autumn Sunshine







Coat: Vintage (similar here). Bag: DSUK c/o LYDC.Ray-Bans: c/o Shade Station. Shoes: Topshop (similar here)
I’m not one to tell fibs (well, not regularly anyway) and I wasn’t about to sit around and pretend I wasn’t bloomin’ excited that summer might be over.  Don’t get me wrong I do love the sun and that everyone is so much jollier when it’s got it’s hat on, but I don’t really ‘enjoy’ summer clothing. I’m much more interested in my autumn/winter wardrobe and could not WAIT to whip out a coat!

Admittedly this is my mother’s coat - one she picked up at a vintage market for £7 a few years ago (you might say we’re quite the bargain hunters) but I’m blogging it all the same. It was rather nippy yesterday and I was staying at my parents so raided Mute’s wardrobe for something warm to wear before we popped out on a jolly. Needless to say she wasn’t impressed when I pranced out in this little beauty, but there was no chance I was taking it off. Oddly, the sun was still fierce so I was in need of some sunnies and having just received my first ever pair of Ray-Ban’s I whipped them out and off we went. It probably sounds ridiculous but it’s crazy how much difference it makes having higher-end sunglasses. They feel a zillion times sturdier than my £5 Primark pair I’ve been sporting this summer and actually manage to stay put on my little pea head without slipping halfway down my face every second and giving me a roaring headache like most do!

So, oversize coats and sunglasses combined are my way of stating that I rather like being chilly, but the sun must stay put. Agreed?

Looking for your winter coat? You can shop my look here...

No comments:

Post a Comment