FASHION & LIFE STYLE

2/06/2013

Mud Muffin Archaeological Mini Dig


Ingredients

Package of mini dinosaurs from my local dollar store, sized to fit in muffin tin

  • 1 3/4 cup mud from my back yard
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 flour
  • 3/4 salt
  • water


Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, then add a little bit of water so mixture becomes wet. I then spooned it into my hands placing a dinosaur in and balling it into a round(ish) shape. Then placing each shaped mud ball into the muffin pan. 

 Make sure to completely cover plastic dinosaurs with mud, as you can see in the second photo down a little tail was left out and it melted!

Cook on 170 F which I believe is the lowest my oven would go. Poke with a knife or kabob stick in 20 minutes to see if it's hardened through, if not continue baking and, check density every 5 minutes









We had such a good time with this easy project yesterday. I hope your little ones enjoy breaking open their mud muffin as much as my sons did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment