FASHION & LIFE STYLE

2/01/2013

Happy Friday


I've known this guy since I was middle school, his name is Scott, a total BFF (xo). He came to visit mid week and boy did we let the good times roll... Time and time again I am ever so thankful to have a friend like this. At one point we lived with in miles of each other, and one point states; and always we remain such good friends. When someone has cared about you since you were a ridiculous, silly, Tom Petty crazed 13 year old - you need to keep them around...

(Hey! who else is going to swing dance with me to Earth, Wind, Fire's - 'September' at 3:00 in the morning?)

We started off with hitting up the local wineries with my mother while my dad baby sat for a couple hours.  Then went for out to dinner at Portlands, Gold Dust which is right up my alley with its sassy mid century style.

Since we were teenagers we used to go to the Goodwills and love playing sort of an unspoken game of who can find the most ridiculous things! His was a shiny shirt strait our of Night of the Roxbury. Mine, an over sized Raggedy Anne doll, in the creepy extra large doll section.

I also found the most amazing Monique Lhuillier dress I saw Elizabeth Hurley wear once HERE. Fits like a glove and I can't wait to wear it for Valentines. Yay! :)

Following was a fun rockabilly/blues club Duffs Garage. Time flew, and the bands were so good that night, the swing dancers were amazing to watch. We kept commenting on who we liked the most but, really they were all so incredible and talented!

Both bars are highly recommended if your ever in Portland and want great live music with comfortable seating - definitely will be going back.










This weekend I have much going on so I won't be back in until probably monday so, much enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment