FASHION & LIFE STYLE

11/19/2011

Once in a blue moon.


Swear! Last night I was telling Kevin how sad I was that I had ruined my Tory Burch Flats and look I got a new pair later that night! Better yet they were $5.00! Perhaps the Tory Burch gods heard my cries as I ruined mine standing in the rain after I had locked my keys in my car this last tuesday.

So after our talk I went to do a usual goodwill hunting for furniture finds and rarely browse through the shoes because I just have a thing with used shoes... Anyway, Can you believe I found these puppies in great condition at goodwill. 

You should have seen the smile on my face.



I'm just now starting to play with the fish tail braid. My trick is to do it super tight and keep it tight until I leave the house. For example, I went out to dinner with kevin and right before we met up I gave it little tugs for that fish tail braid "look". Expecially with layered hair I found it comes undone fairly fast. This braid is so mom friendly.



Can you do this with your sofa?.... Speaking of deep cleaning in my last post. I can't say it enough, getting a form fitting slip cover for my sofa was the best choice I ever made. I love stopping my sofa of it's grimy cases and washing them. Here they are, balled up strait from the washing machine, nice and clean! Now to hang and dry.


Omgggg... I want this so bad. It's on over stock and on mega sale. I just keep telling my self "one thing at a time" (I have to purchase a dining room table!)



What are your plans for the weekend? I just sold some pieces and now I'm off to the Proctor Farmers Market then to do some thrifting. I'm bursting of ideas of projects to do and just need to find the right furniture to do them... and the time :( Tomorrow, I hope to paint my dining room to jump start it's make over. No... not some surprising color, just the same color as my living room. Right now it's a tan and I'd like it to make it the same color as the living room to make it feel more connected. 

So basically in my living room is my old desk some chairs, a paint job on my to do list and a reupholster job on my to-do list... *huff*



No comments:

Post a Comment