FASHION & LIFE STYLE

11/01/2011

For the one that got away...


Recently someone emailed me asking how to do headboards with nailhead trim. I get a million emails a day and somewhere deleted this sweet message. Not being able to find it this email, and my other readers; here are two great tutorials on how to do you own headboard.

From my own learning experience:
-Before I started making headboards I researched the crap out of making them.
-If your only making one headboard for your self and don't have a Jigsaw think of sending you piece of plywood to a local carpenter to cut it for you. Give them a picture of what you want and wa-la. For the same price you'd pay for a jigsaw your paying a carpenter.
-Always, ALWAYS use batting over everything it smooths out imperfections.
-Beginners please buy the nailhead kit's. You'll save your self a head ache.
-If you'd like to be really cost effective instead of using foam, try two mattress eggcrates!

No comments:

Post a Comment