FASHION & LIFE STYLE

11/17/2011

Christmas.


How much did you spend on christmas decorations alone last year? Do you re use the same ones from last? Christmas last year I had spent roughly on decorations $180 alone, which includes my tree. To me that's a lot to spend on decor for a holiday. 4 new cheap stockings from target, 1 tree, bulbs... It all kept adding up here and there and none of it looked "quality". To be even more honest Christmas wasn't my favorite holiday until last year when I had it for the first time with my own children. Now I'm excited, really excited.

This year I'm committed to starting early on the decor and create the quality christmas my family deserves with out pulling out the bank.

Plum Cushion! This girl has that right idea! She makes these incredible designer stockings in serious designer fabric. I've spent the past year knee's deep in DIY's learning how to sew better and I thought this was the perfect project for me. I love these but I don't have the money to spend on 4 of them like I want, even though you can tell by the detail there SO worth it. Check her out!


MORE honesty coming out... I'm never really compelled to decorate for Christmas because to me Christmas spirit doesn't come from the animated lit Santas or of the fake deer singing jingles sitting out side in the front yard. I get excited when I see the snow fall, when I smell hot apple cider, when I see families come together or when I see children making ornaments (so cute)...

This picture, I actually don't like anything in it other then the pillows. For some reason I always think I have to go out and buy Christmas decor. This picture is a wonderful example of how you can transform your every day room with pillows you would use all year round.

So! I've been thinking... What are other things I can make or buy that have a multi purpose?

This year my Christmas theme is red & kelly green! I know genius right? (har.. har..)

Check back in to make a tea set like this.
Instead of buying the kelly wearstler fabric here is an alternative from spoon flower starting at $18 a yard. These will make my stockings and accent pillows.


I also found this fabric, it's known to be a shumacher dragon alternative. Do you agree? I can see a similiar vibe going on. Anyway it's $15.00 a yard. Deal.


I'd love to hear if you have any genius ideas for Christmas this year? and stay tuned tomorrow for an awesome step by step tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment