FASHION & LIFE STYLE

11/29/2011

I've been cheating and been cheap.


I've been cheating... and been cheap... with my candles. I buy really expensive candles and they usually come in really amazing glass ware like this. Well I've learned you can buy wicks at Joanns and have been melting down my old ikea candle and refilling them! I bought an old metal coffee pot at good will and melt it on the stove. I also stick my glassware (WITHOUT METAL IN IT) in the microwave to let the old wax settle at the bottom nicely and wipe off the ugly rim wax.

*Don't forget the old wicks have a metal base, I learned that the hard way.

and yes, I still buy expensive candles but, then I get excited to re-use them now. I wish I didn't throw some out a while ago!


PS *random...
I also really love this ornament idea from project nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment