FASHION & LIFE STYLE

10/26/2011

A new adventure.


OK so here is my biggest NEW adventure! For a long long long time now I've dreamed of owning a dining set like the one on this very popular cover of Domino's magazine in Katie Lee Joel's home. These chairs were actually brought in as staging because her personal chairs which were still featured on the inside of the magazine were solid brown upholstery.



Now, the vintage table I have my eye on is similar to the same regency style. It also comes with chairs that have upholstered backs (similar) not the same to these. These regency (Louis) chairs are VERY expensive and really hard to come by. For $300 for the table set I think I'll pass on minor details hoping I can achieve the same feel as the dining set here in the picture.



Ok now! for textile options

Fabric is really important to me and although the pattern is what I'm looking for I'm VERY stuck on it being this brown.
Now, here is my problem. I have 8 chairs so I will need at least 3 yards to cover them.

Quadrille Aga runs $196 per yard

Caitlin Wilson just came out with her line (like JUST the other day) and here she has a very similar print at $50 a yard! but it's in grey. Isn't her fabric just stunning!? I'm crazy for her new fabric line.

So, I'm Still trying to talk the guy down in price for his table... wondering if I should hold out on something cheaper...what if I can't find one and this one gets sold... should I let go of the brown and just buy the grey... really, I love the brown and would save my pennies. Although the price on the grey is (very very) convincing. I also like that the print is more slanted.
I am repainting my dining room walls light blue too.

Help! Any thoughts on my dilemma?

No comments:

Post a Comment