FASHION & LIFE STYLE

9/26/2012

The futures so bright even angels gotta wear shades.


Yep! I've been completely neglecting my blog for something pretty fantastic. 

My self, The gym and my bicycle...

Actually to be more specific spinning class. For real people. I'm not afraid to say it! I gained like 45 pounds when I was pregnant with the boys. *yuck.

Two words: Bed Rest & pre-clamsia.

It does not do wonders for weight. Finally I am only a couple pounds away from pre - Liam & Ethan. Better late then never right? 

Of course I had twins so I was HUGE.

The first photo is after I lost the first 20 pounds and second was pretty recent when I lost the rest.



It goes deeper then that, this isn't about a weight loss story.

When your a mom, your (bleep) gets turned up side down right? Before I continue let me remind you motherhood is the very best thing thats ever happened to me and if your a mom, most likely for you too. It changes us, physically, mentally, emotionally. For the better but at times can be a lot. Only because, it's new and different! I went from single Erin to single mom x2. In between that I had some major losses, started a new job and had a wake up call from my doctor. 

Last month I decided to really take a new path. It's not that i want to be the old me, she's gone. I want to be the new me with out loosing all the fabulous qualities I once loved about my self. Not being so hard on my self because I wasn't everything to everyone, all the time. After a couple years of that, whats left of you? Sometimes, being a mom, a partner, a friend means being you, being good to you, before you can be anything to anyone else. 

I love blogging and for a while now, I'm craving more in life other then just pretty images and am excited to start changing the direction of my content a bit. Not entirely! but really start blogging and writing about what makes me tick. Here's the thing, life isn't about possessions or a picture that you want your life to be. It's about beauty, embracing what is already your life and going from there! A must read quote from THIS awesome mama blog that really got me thinking.

"Real life is messy. The beauty isn't in the perfection, but rather in seeing the beauty in the everyday. Ordinary. In things that the world dismisses as imperfect, but we as mothers can see them as perfect."

No comments:

Post a Comment