FASHION & LIFE STYLE

9/09/2012

Africa Love



My Wonderful Readers,


My brother Michael is in the Peace Core living in Africa. Below is some pictures taken by his lovely girlfriend that I wanted to share, and I am so incredibly proud of him! Michael is on a bike tour to raise funds for volunteers’ Gender and Development projects. If you feel inclined to donate $1.00 (or more)
 it would mean the WORLD to me to support him in raising the money they need! As some of my regular followers might know I never reach out and use my blog as any sort of marketing tool but, this is dear to my heart and hope to touch on this journey for him.

Thank you!!


"Gender and Development (GAD) supports a large portion of volunteers in Burkina. GAD projects include: girls and boys camps that promote self-esteem and learning; funding women’s or mixed gender organizations with income generating activities; and even Men As Partners, a week-long conference that educates Burkinabe men on how they can be advocates for equality. These are of critical importance in Burkina Faso and represent a significant component of each volunteer’s work."


















No comments:

Post a Comment