FASHION & LIFE STYLE

9/16/2012

Outfit Post | Country Bumpkin and the Flu

This weekend, I have the dreaded woman flu. I don't know if you've heard, but it's a hell of a lot worse than that silly old 'man flu'. So really, I should have stayed put in bed yesterday, but I had arranged to see a dear old friend and we had such a lovely day. Luckily, she was happy to take a few snaps of me prancing about in a field (I fear I won't be able to muster any sort of energy to make myself up for a wee while); after we'd spent the morning traipsing to the doctors, shopping to our hearts content, stuffing our face with mc donalds and stopping off for a quick pineapple and lemonade (best drink ever, fact). I am now utterly exhausted.

Anyway, you know how I said in my last post that I was falling back in love with Topshop again? Well, these snaps definitely back that up.
Blazer: Topshop Top: Vintage Leggings: Topshop Boots: Annie and the Mannequins Hair: MESS


I am a big fat fan of these velvet flocked check leggings. Not only are they super cosy and warm, they're a complete steal. At only £28 I couldn't quite believe it had Topshop's name to it. And I know, before you say it, yes they're only leggings and not jeans etc. etc. but they are amazing quality and so sturdy! I know I'll definitely be wearing them a lot more now the weather's turning a little bit chilly. Autumn/Winter is definitely my favourite time of year. And although I love the sun, I much prefer wearing comfy, warm clothes; I cannot wait to start wearing my big, oversized, fluffy jumpers and ridiculous PJ's.
Yesterday, the sun was out but there was certainly a bit of a chill in the air (may just be my lurgy..). So even though these leggings are SO warm, I thought I'd team them with something a little lighter. The cream blouse is a favourite of mine (actually the mothers underwear, again). It's silky, loose material means it goes with almost anything, and it's lovely and cool. I also popped on my trusty black blazer and cowboy boots. After all, this is the countryside you know.

Have you all had a lovely weekend? Get up to anything exciting?

(Psst. don't forget, you can get 10% off at The Vintage Set through WonderfulYou, when you enter TVS!LFW at checkout! Expires midnight 18th September)


No comments:

Post a Comment