FASHION & LIFE STYLE

5/23/2012

Taking care of your self.


Almost two months ago I really injured my back. If I have a long drive ahead of me I have to make sure I have two ice packs ready, one for my hip/leg and one for my lower back or I'll be pulling over to "walk it out".

It was about last week, I thought this is enough!

 Since then I've been really thinking about what lead up to it and how I could have taken care of my self better. My life style is incredibly hard on my body with twins, furniture (painting/moving), massage therapy, even during this post I will get up from the computer at least 5 times by the time I finish it. It's been a hard balance for me to control; self care and getting everything done. What I've learned so far is that schedules are very important as well as the mentality "I can not do it all". 

So maybe it was a good lesson to learn from my injury? and maybe this is life's way of telling me I need to have an intervention with my self so I can be a sustainable mom and woman.  

In a journal I've marked ways I can commit to care for my self better physically and mentally. Things that include:

-Getting regular exercise
-Making exercise more convenient for my life style: Treadmill
-Meal scheduling 
-Meals that contain more nutrition, locally grown, in season,
-Drink more H20
-Treating my self! The last thing I remember doing nice for my self that was purely for the enjoyment of being "Erin" was going with my mom on a 3 day vacation to San Diego. Grant it, I did worry about the boys for 2 of the 3 days.  :)

Here is just a couple ways I've treating my self:

I love fresh flowers in my home

I absolutely love being creative with my furniture (photo below). Vintage decor feeds my soul among dozens of my other hobbies. See the thing is - is that I have huge pieces in my house, that I've re vamped that have literally cost the exact same amount as the flowers above. 

Blogging has been a very wonderful creative outlet tool. My blog is a life style blog and I've chosen it that way so I can blog about a broad range of topics. In the beginning having twins I was house bound a lot (still am) which made it hard for many areas in my life, socializing, excersizing, work ect. It has been a great way to feed an internal outlet and I see it being long term which was never something I saw in the beginning. 

I've also met some wonderful people blogging - I call us virtual pen pals; and some friends I see all the time I met by having a blog!


I really love quality candles - and obviously more flowers


I love days where I get some time alone to treat my self

What are you doing lately to take care of your self or treat your self? If you're a mom I'd love feed back on what has worked for you to balance it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment