FASHION & LIFE STYLE

8/14/2012

Day Dreamer


There's more to a person then just everyday routine. Bigger and better things like all the dreams we put on the back burner, for some reason or another, mostly to accommodate our ever day life style. Recently someone special to me asked me what one of my dreams were? That was a week ago. I've been so focused on motherhood, my new job, my side job (C+O), and all the highs and lows between that I forgot something important! I'm a dreamer, a dreamer by heart! Since I was a little girl I've had big dreams, journals filled with them. One in particular I remember: My father used to give us money to hand to the homeless. It seemed really important to him that I understand that life wasn't gifted, even though he always took care of me. One day I remember giving a homeless mother money and I felt SO sorry for her situation; I wanted to cry. Suddenly instead of going home and playing with my barbies I went home and drew up an elaborate plan on how to structure a community to take care of all the homeless! I drew out homes where they would sleep, and eat and learn in school, play grounds for the kids, job places for the adults to make money... I was 8. 

So last week when I was asked for (a) dream. For some reason I couldn't really think of one. The week went by and that's all I've been thinking of! So here they are I've narrowed (them) down to the dreams of the next 10 year. Yes, some are simple, some are elaborate... 

 No.1 Florida Keys - This is a personal picture of mine. I took it while on my trip and had it framed for the longest time in my home. It's one of my "happy places". Until this time, never in my life have I seen blue water, you know, tropical water that is so clear you can see the bottom. We got off the plane and I took a nap in the rental car because I was SO exhausted. I remember saying "ok-ok, wake me up when there's blue water!" 

It was like seeing snow for the first time! Silly right?

We'll my dream is to go back. I could live there, for real. It's beautiful!

No. 2 Mountain Biking - The idea of going pro in any sport, it's this one. You know the saying "I really wanted to like it but, I didn't" that's me about a lot of sports, except this. This sport! I push my self harder to see what else can I do? I've been mountain biking on and off for 5 years. There is an obstacle, I ride and stop before every hard part. Then, I push through with my eyes half way closed and make this awfully un-cute noise that sounds like this "ughhhhhhhaaaaa!!!"

That noise is my weird sigh of relief that I didn't die and happens ever time. Then I ride the rest of the track and repeat it. Again, riding that scary part just a little harder! Around I go until that scary feeling turns in to something beautiful. True exhilaration and excitement, because it's comfortable. I feel like I won! 

Now at this point I'm flying'!


No. 3 - Riding Moab. This one will happen soon!


No 4 - Dave Mathews. I've seen a lot of concerts in my time, a-lot.. Listening to music was big in my family, really big. We'd listen to music over dinner time, in the car, always. The four of us would go to concerts every other month all through growing up.

I've never seen Dave Mathews, omg and I bet he's incredible. My friends are going to see him at the gorge here in the NW. I really-really want to make it happen. 

Seriously I've promised this date to my self, with Dave, since I was 19. 
It's time Dave.


No. 5 - I want to drive through the redwoods, no, like right-thru them. Just like the picture below.


No 6 - Sail More. I love to sailing. Period. 


No. 7 - Ok lets not get too mushy Erin. With out getting too teary eyed, I want family. To be a wife, to have a marriage, our children. Shall I go into this much?  I'm sure we all get the drift of my desire here. I'm a single mom and I'm sure one day there will be a wonderful man again in which a great friendship will turn into an even greater love.

No. 8 Smack dab in the middle of this photo is me, in a maroon hoodie. This was one of the only picture I have of an unforgettable experience in Romania working in an orphanage. It also marked the the beginning of my love to help the children of the world. Why is it the only photo? Every second of that journey I didn't want the camera I wanted to hold the children. This was my first experience of many that left a desire in my heart to reach out to as children in need. It's painful and humbling to experience this, to raise my own children with the gift these experiences gave me but, it keeps me motivated to someday adopt. To give a positive and happy life to a child that needs not just a family but, a solid loving home. 



No 9. Albuquerque air balloon festival. My birthday is in October and so is this festival! It's also one of the most beautiful times of year in that area. This has been a dream for years. Isn't this a spectacular photo? I'd kill to be in one of those balloons floating along. Secretly for the past 5 years I've kept a post card with a similar picture on it reminding me to make it happen someday.



I'd love to know what your dreams of the next 10 years are?

No comments:

Post a Comment