FASHION & LIFE STYLE

7/22/2012

Sail away with me honey.


Like I said, today I spent the day with one of my besties in Seattle. I just wanted to share a few pictures from our awesome sailing experience. The boys did pretty good, for it being their first time on a boat. Smiles were about, and only a couple break downs! Like a good mom, I picked up a very healthy snack pack to prepare for major melt downs. An array of grapes chopped chicken slices, carrots, blue berries and a few cherrioes. 

So... just as we set sail a major (capitol) MAJOR break down occurred on the boat, far from the dock. With 8 other passengers on the ship I was not about to ruin their sailing experience. I shuffled the grapes and carrots into their hands with hopes to distract them with munchies... No-Go mom.
The captian offered the boys candy which after pleading with healthy small bits I clammed up with my flush face and grabbed in a instance. Sadly though, I've never given the boys that many sweet in one sitting or, truthfully in the last year! 

Just to keep it real: I learned a valuable lesson today... I can't be hard on my self when your stranded on a boat inches from piercing screams from two toddlers with a choice between carrots and twislers.







 On that note if you are in the Seattle area. I highly recommend the center for wooden boats. It's very centrally located and extremely family friendly. The staff are prepared, patient, informative and safe! You'll be happy to be aboard in their care.

No comments:

Post a Comment