FASHION & LIFE STYLE

4/04/2012

The boys room plan of action.


Liam & Ethan have destroyed their room. Absolutely destroyed it! Which makes me thankful I didn't spend a ton of money on it yet, makes me nervous putting any more effort into there space.




Initially I was going to do an entire overhaul but, when little Ethan broke one of the windows with a wooden hammer and then with a team effort ripped out the ikea dresser drawers... I decided to up date it using/adding to what I have instead of over hauling the whole thing.

Here's the plan: I'm committed.

I help friends here and there with their design process. Here's the most famous comment.

"how am I going to get it all done I just don't know where to start"

First and foremost, you absolutely create a plan. Creating a plan essentially gives you a list of what to buy so your not over spending or left with, yes a bunch of things you like but don't work together whats so ever. Putting it all with in a lay out allows you to see what works together and what you need to remove/switch around to get the flow going. 

If your redoing a room I strongly suggest creating your plan first. The out come with be ten times better instead of imaging in your head "Will this work together?"



My friend Allison scored me a midcentury dresser (not the one in layout above) that is handle-less (yes!). It's going to be painted two-toned. My friend Heather did a cost efficient roman shade DIY that I'm going to use and recover in Dwell Studio dot scape.

In the next week I will show you my plans for each of my rooms to complete them. Yep, it may take me 6 months to get them all done but, at least I have the spread sheet, which is half the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment