FASHION & LIFE STYLE

7/04/2015

Mutton Dressed as lamb can't Help Ageing

Mutton Dressed as lamb can't Help Ageing

Hi all welcome back to my blog or if you are new here then hi my name is Vinny,pls could you subscribe and follow my blog by either using google friends connect or bloglovin,it's so easy to do,you will see buttons everywhere or follow by email.
it makes me do a little happy eekk when i get a new follower ♥

Anyway i shall get back to the title of this blog which is mutton dressed as lamb,which we all know this means,an older person trying to dress as if they were younger {a lamb} lol
The majority of you reading my blog are probably younger but if you are older like myself and don't have a clue how to dress for your age then please come and join the club aghhh.

I'm 36 years young {old} and in my 20's i was very slim,i was a size 8 actually would you believe,so i could pretty much wear what i wanted without feeling uncomfortable or too old,so this blog is prob about wearing the wrong clothing or more so the wrong clothing for my shape maybe?

ever since i hit the age of 30 i started to feel a bit weird wearing short skirts and heels or denim shorts or the skorts that have been around for the last few years.
So I'm very conscious of what i wear and half the time i look into the mirror and feel a complete dickhead tbh.Then i get changed around 3 times usually to cover my belly which i hate with a passion.but then i look all frumpy :(

Even though i love fashion and love everything about it,i just don't like it on me,or i can't get it right,I'm a total short ass as I'm only 5"1,i used to be thin but now i feel a blob,yes my own doing,i have 2 kids and it took me ages after Teegan to lose all the weight and fair play i did,but then i put it all back on with Tayum again grrr,plus i love my food,i do exercise but half the time I'm too tired to do anything by the time the kids have gone to bed.
So above is me about the age of 20 ish full of confidence,i was thin and tanned and felt young enough to wear body con type dresses or mini skirts or short shorts etc lol
Now 16 yrs on and I'm 36 and this is me now,OK i don't look too bad in this photo,i was breathing in lol but the jeans are actually a size 14 from Zara :( i wouldn't say i was mutton dressed as lamb here but i do get very confused when I'm out shopping for clothing.
I usually see all these skimpy short tops or dresses etc but keep having to tell myself that I'm not 21 I'm 36 and I'm not a size 8 anymore with a flat tummy,more like a fat tummy.
So i end up buying some leggings or joggers and a baggy top and then i look a mess and feel rubbish.

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling stuck in a fashion rut because of my age and changing shape.
same is happening with makeup too,although i love love love coloured shadow,i can't get away with it like i used to and it's not fair boo as i really love playing with wild looks.
I do still like to add a pop of colour though to my eyes mixed with neutral too

I really don't think Victoria Beckham has this problem as she always look beautiful and does dress for her age,but then again she is so thin and I'm not,some people are not conscious of their size and i really do applaud you for that,but I'm so very conscious i hate it ,but i love eating lol so i lose all round.

Let me know your thoughts and do you find it difficult to dress either for your age,shape or both,wouldn't it be wonderful to have our very own stylist to help us say yep that looks amazing.
Thanks for reading love always littlemissstyleguru Aka Vinny ♥

I do also have two youtube accounts,one is a beauty/style and other is more family so please click the links to subscribe



PS..please don't leave my blog without following me and join in with my chats,as i love to know how others feel and love to know you are reading my blogs thanks 

No comments:

Post a Comment