FASHION & LIFE STYLE

9/15/2011

Best damn ikea hack ever - Nailhead side table



Sorry to start off my post with a potty mouth but, I'm quite proud tonight of my new side table!!
I have wanted one of the following tables for who know how long! I've spend months coming up with ideas to re-create it and in all reality I was totally over thinking it! For a long time I envisioned I would have to create it from complete scratch, instead after seeing the above picture it reminded me of my old crappy ikea coffee table. Remember my post here? Saying I was going to do a coffee table, well I ended up replacing my side table instead!

Clayton Grey - Bungalow 5 Table - $455

Another nail head table at Clayton Grey


and another


After much thought today I purchased two ikea lack tables at $7.00 a piece.

Assembling one full table and using the table top from another I had the form I needed to create the table of my dreams. Another plus with the ikea furniture which lets be real, there aren't many. It was made out of particle board and the nail heads drove right in with out bending. If you can, I would find an expedit table on craigslist, which there don't make anymore. It has a nice table top glass and a modern form.
In Progress:






better resolution pictures coming soon - xo


Ok So you can see my mess ups especially on the bottom left. I ran out of railheads so I have ordered some more to finish the other sides. I realized what i did wrong on the bottom left edge to do it the right way on the other side so it looks better. Maybe I should ad a top of mirror too? :)

*Update, if I were to re-do this table again I would assemble and glue the tables together then, add the nail trim.

Check out my recent updated post for much better pictures. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment